Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Funky water.

I've now been in Reykjavík approximately 24 hours. Yesterday was very tiring, but I rambled about my traveling worries in another (school related) blog already, so I don't feel like doing it again. But long story short I was feeling sad and crappy during the whole traveling time, but when I saw the first snowy mountains of Iceland, I started feeling better. Today I went for a stroll around town and didn't even get lost once! I had a map with me, but I didn't need to look at it, the city is pretty straightforward.
Here are windows of the Concert Hall, located in the bay area. They looked pretty funny. I also really like the yellow fire hydrants that are all around town. I'd like to take a photo of them all, along with all the cats! I never knew it, but Reykjavík really seems like the city of cats. Today alone I've seen almost 20. One poor fella didn't have a tail. 8(

If I'm going to walk at least twice a week as much as I walked today, my legs are going to become very buff!! All the hills and slopes, climbing and going those down feels like real training. Probably because it is, really athletic looking people kept running them up and down while I was only walking.

And since the header what "funky water" I guess I should mention that this morning I took my first shower here and experienced the sulfur filled warm water. The smell was... Well, I kept thinking about bad eggs. But the cold water on the other hand tastes amazing, I could drink it non-stop.. Actually, I think I'll go get a glass right now!

3 comments:

  1. Velkomin til Íslands! :D

    Glad you're enjoying the city so far :)

    But I think we have about same amount of dogs as we have of cats ^^;; We really like domasticated animals, ahahah....

    Don't worry, you'll get used to the warm water. In a couple of days, you won't notice the smell (don't really mention that to Icelanders, though....we tend to get very touchy about our water, both cold and warm!). If you liked the cold water, you really should go and buy some Skyr. You'll love it and get addicted ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you weren't offended about the water comment, I know it's clean and all even though the scent was shocking at first. Though I wasn't planning on talking about it to local people anyway, you just happened to read it! xD;
      And I bought skyr right after my arrival, I ate it as breakfast and just now as an evening snack. Very delicious!

      Delete
  2. Heippa! Kovasti jo ikävöin sinua, mutta nyt vasta muistin tulla kattomaan blogi-päivitystä!

    Pistin tilillesi synttärirahan, kun en aiemmin ole muistanut. :P Että jotain kivaa sillä sitten itelles.

    Joko oot avannut Gultin laukun?

    love, Asta

    ReplyDelete