Saturday, March 16, 2013

Black suitcase is a problem.

I borrowed a suitcase from my mom. I don't own a proper one myself and her suitcase is really nice, big yet handy.
The only problem with this case is that it's so black and boring. Well, the problem isn't exactly the boringness, just that it's very generic and might easily get mixed up with other black suitcases. I'm very paranoid and almost certain my suitcase is going to lose somewhere along the way, and it's scary because my drawing supplies will be there. Screw clothes, if I lose my watercolors, I'm going to flip an airplane!
Anyway, I decided to brighten up the suitcase a bit, and started designing some flower stickers which I could attach to it.

They were supposed to be just very simple, plain flowers with flat color, but I got really carried away. But I just love to color with Promarkers. Once I had cut out all the flowers I tried to stick them to the suitcase with contact paper, but they weren't nearly sticky enough! Then I found some transparent tape and with that I was able to attach the smallest flowers, but they look really ugly, I didn't even want to take a photo of them! And now that I look at the suitcase again, it looks like even the tape is peeling off. So I guess I won't be able to use these flowers after all. Of course I could use something sturdier (like super glue!), but since it's still my mom's suitcase, I don't want to ruin it completely with my experiments. We'll see if I can come up with some other option to make the suitcase easier to recognize.

2 comments:

  1. I assume you have already arrived in Iceland, when you see my comment but I was gonna advice you to distinguish it with a colorful ribbon tied on the handle. My mom usually does that whenever she goes traveling with a black suitcase.

    Anyways, let me know when you've settled in Borgarholtskóli. Then we can meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might do that once I go back home, there's only one of the three small flowers left on it. I'd just have to get some ribbon somewhere!

      I don't know when I'll start going to the school, apparently there's a long Easter vacation right now, so probably next week, unless an internship place pops up somewhere.

      Delete