Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Over the Edge.

Or over the border, whatever you want to call it.

Me and my fiancé made a small trip together yesterday, and it was to Haparanda, Sweden. It amuses me that going to Haparanda seems to be a big occasion to pretty much all the people I know (myself included) even though it really isn't. The main reason why people drive for about three hours to get to this small Swedish city is to visit IKEA and Systembolaget, the liquor store. Of course we went to these places too, but IKEA didn't really offer anything for us. Well, I did get another mini pencil, the kind you can write down your purchases so that you'll find them from the storage section. Well, the main reason why I wanted to go to Haparanda in the first place was to visit Candy World, DjurMagazinet and Skopunkten.

I've wanted to buy a proper climbing tree or whatever you call it for our cats, but in the end the only one that was the right size and right prize for us was broken, and they didn't have any more in the storage. So instead we bought this weird... wavy... thing. Yeah, I can't really describe it, and our cats seem equally suspicious about it, but I hope they'll grow to like the thing. We even put some padding underneath it because our cats are such diva princesses, but for now it remains unused. 8(

For several years I've wanted to buy myself a very basic pair of shoes that every girl should have. No, not black high heels, but ballerinas. Every time I happen to come accross some shoes at stores, I look for them and try them on but they never fit me the right way. And people should know, I really don't like to buy shoes, so it's been a real bother. But finally my search ended, in Skopunkten I was able to find these basic shoes in reasonable price, they're easy to put on but they also stay on. And today I walked around town with them and I didn't get any blisters, so I'd say it was a good purchase!
Then we also bought three packs of wine from Systembolaget (the name always makes me think of hardware stores) and then we were on our way back home. All in all we really didn't buy enough stuff for the trip to be even close to beneficial, but at least we had fun. And it was probably the only trip we'll be able to make during this summer, so I'm glad we enjoyed ourselves. And my fiancé pointed out that it was the second time we went abroad together (this year?). Cute. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment